As a school community, we have elected to remove the school-wide uniform policy at Central Elementary starting in the Fall of 2021. In lieu of a uniform policy, students will be required to meet the expectations for appropriate school dress outlined in the Stanly County Schools' Student and Parent Handbook. The full policy can be found by clicking here: SCS Student and Parent Handbook.
To help everyone prepare for a successful year, here are the areas of attention/focus for Central students/families relative to appropriate school attire:
- Pants are expected to fit properly at the waist and the hem. Please provide a belt if necessary.
- Shorts, skirts, or skorts can be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Leggings can be worn with a shirt or dress that covers the bottom.
- Holes/rips must be no higher than proper short length (as described above) unless leggings are worn underneath.
- Shirts must fully cover the stomach and chest on all students.
- Off shoulder or spaghetti strap shirts will not be permitted.
- Logos/words on shirts must be school appropriate and follow SCS policy.
- For student safety, NO flip flops/crocs can be worn during the school day.
- Rubber soled shoes must be worn on PE days, preferably appropriate tennis shoes.
- No heels or wedges can be worn unless it is a designated special occasion.
- If you are in need of appropriate footwear, please contact the school counselor.
- Please note, hoods on hoodies and jackets are not permitted to be worn in the building.
- Large coats/jackets will be taken off once students are in classrooms.
- No dangling or large hoop earrings, as these pose a safety hazard.
- No chains/necklaces which could cause a safety issue or serve as a distraction.
- Please do not wear valuable or sentimental items to school, as these are frequently lost. Staff are not responsible for keeping these items during the school day.