Please make note of the Stanly County School's dress code that will be followed for the 2021-2022 school year. More information can be found by reading the Stanly County Schools' Dress Code Policy outlined in the SCS Student and Parent Handbook.
- Pants are expected to fit properly at the waist and the hem. Please provide a belt if necessary.
- Shorts, skirts, or skorts can be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Leggings can be worn with a shirt or dress that covers the bottom.
- Holes/rips must be no higher than proper short length (as described above) unless leggings are worn underneath.
- Shirts must fully cover the stomach and chest on all students.
- Off shoulder or spaghetti strap shirts will not be permitted.
- Logos/words on shirts must be school appropriate and follow SCS policy.
- For student safety, no slip flops can be worn during the school day.
- Rubber Soled shoes must be worn on PE days, preferably appropriate tennis shoes.
- No heels or wedges can be worn unless designated special occasions.
- If you are in need of appropriate footwear, please contact the school counselor.
- Please note, hoods on hoodies and jackets are not permitted to be worn in the building.
- Large coats/jackets will be taken off once students are in classrooms.
- No dangling or large hoop earrings, as this is a safety hazard.
- No chains/necklaces which could cause a safety issue.
- Please do not wear valuable or sentimental items to school, as these are frequently lost. Staff are not responsible for keeping these items during the school day.