March 15, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
By now you may have heard that schools will be closed for two weeks as a precautionary measure to reduce the spreading of the Coronavirus. Below are specific actions we will be implementing:
- Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20: Teacher Workdays (sheltered professional days) with no school for students. All staff will report to work to finalize “Work from Home” learning plans which will include a packet of work for each week and may include digital learning for practice. Teachers will use the remaining days next week for professional development and planning.
- Wednesday, March 18 - Friday, March 20: Parents/Guardians are invited to pick up student work from the school between the hours of 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Parents may designate someone to pick up items for them if they are not able to do so themselves if they email the classroom teacher. There will NOT be an opportunity to pick anything up from the school after 3:00 PM on Friday.
- Should there be any needed items that a child left in their classroom you may pick these up Wednesday-Friday. Items may include glasses, jackets, pencil boxes, etc. Please plan to pick up any needed items at the same time work packets are picked up.
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17: No students or parents are to come to the schools.
- All sports fields and playgrounds will be closed. This includes after normal school hours and weekends. This will allow the district to thoroughly cleanse and disinfect the campus.
- The week of March 23-27 - “Work from Home” plans will be followed.
As a district, we have been working to create “Work from Home” learning plans for continuity of instruction during this school closure. The purpose of creating these plans is to provide a continuity of learning in content areas while the schools are closed. Content areas include English/Language Arts and Mathematics:
Kindergarten through Fifth Grade: approximately 30 minutes per content area, per day.
- If your child receives special education services you will be contacted to reschedule any IEPs and 504’s scheduled during the closure or provide the team an alternative method to “meet”.
- All teachers will be available to answer your emails during school closure. They are eager to make every effort to stay in communication with your family during this period of time. As this is new to all of us we ask for your patience and understanding.
Please click on the link below to see the full letter and resources added at the bottom.