You are an explorer who has been authorized to travel to North America to discover the Native Americans. Where did the different tribes of Native Americans live? What kind of jobs did they have? What type of home did they live in? What did they eat? What was their clothing like? What were some of their special traditions? You will discover the answers to these questions and more for the Native American tribe of your choice.
You will complete an Explorer’s Travel Journal using the information you discover.
This journal will be a slideshow of pictures of Native American homes, food, jobs, clothing, and traditions.
You will use Keynote to tell your story of your Native American tribe.
1. First you will be assigned a tribe. You may be assigned a partner. You will also be assigned a computer.
2. Create a folder on your desktop in which to save your work.
3. Download the Native American Travel Journal to your desktop.
4. Search through the web links that are listed below to find out information about your tribe.
5. Each photo journal should contain the following information about your tribe: region, food, clothing, home, jobs, and traditions.
| Resources To Use|
Lewis, Orrin. Native American Facts For Kids: Cherokee Indian Fact Sheet.
Qualla Arts and Crafts
Lewis, Orrin. Native American Facts For Kids: Crow Indian Fact Sheet.
Lewis, Orrin. Native American Facts For Kids: Haida Indian Fact Sheet.
Lewis, Orrin. Native American Facts For Kids: Hopi Indian Fact Sheet.
Lewis, Orrin. Native American Facts For Kids: Iroquois Indian Fact Sheet.
Check your work by answering the following questions.
Are all my titles and subtitles correct?
Are all words spelled correctly?
Do my sentences have capital letters and punctuation in the right places?
Did I find at least one picture for each slide?
The following questions will be on a printout for you to answer.
Tell at least one thing you learned about using Keynote to create a slide show.
What part of using Keynote did you find the most difficult?
Tell at least one interesting thing you learned about your tribe.
Would you have survived if you had to live with that tribe back in the day? Explain your answer.What about your tribe would you like to find more information?